Purge & Pressurization; 511982
- NFPA 70, NFPA 496, ISA 12.4 standards
- Optional alarm output indicates air lock failure
- Type Y system certified for Class I, Division 1 to Division 2
- Type Z system certified for Class I, Division 2 to nonhazardous
- Enclosure volume up to 75 ft3
Model 1003 is a Rapid Exchange® purging system that operates on a supply of compressed instrument air or inert gas. It regulates and monitors pressure within sealed (protected) enclosure(s), in order to remove and prevent flammable gas or vapor accumulations. The system accomplishes four air exchanges and maintains a "safe" (0.25") pressure. A Pepperl+Fuchs Model EPV-3 Enclosure Protection Vent is required for proper operation. This process reduces the hazardous (classified) area rating within the enclosure(s), in accordance with the NEC - NFPA 70, Article 500, NFPA 496 and ISA 12.4.