SMART Current Driver HiC2031ES
- 1-channel isolated barrier
- 24 V DC supply (bus powered)
- Current output up to 650 Ω load
- HART I/P and valve positioner
- Low power dissipation
- Line fault detection (LFD)
- Up to SIL 3 acc. to IEC/EN 61508
This isolated barrier is used for intrinsic safety applications.
The device repeats the input signal from a control system to drive HART I/P converters, electrical valves, and positioners located in a hazardous area.
Digital signals are superimposed on the analog values at the field side or control side and are transferred bi-directionally.
An open or short field circuit presents a high impedance to the control side to allow alarm conditions to be monitored by the control system.
Line fault detection of the field circuit is indicated by a red LED and an output on the fault bus.
This device mounts on a HiC termination board.